There are so many holiday Christmas songs to select from that narrowing it down to a playlist can be challenging. When you have a Christmas party with both adults and children, it’s important to find the right balance. Try to mix in some old-school holiday classics with the songs of today (or modern takes to the classics). We’ve done the work for you and here are our top 10 Christmas songs picks that you can play at your next Christmas holiday gathering.
1. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree (1960) – Sung by Brenda Lee
A great song to play as your guests arrive to the Christmas party. The words set the tone for a fun time!
2. Christmas Time is Here (1965) – By Vince Guaraldi Trio
For a calmer and gentler take suitable for playing while friends and family are mingling and catching up, this classic is the perfect selection.
3. All I Want for Christmas Is You (1994) – Sung by Mariah Carey
The song not only get you into the holiday mood, but it puts the holiday into perspective. It’s not about the presents, but simply being around the people you love and care about.
4. Holy Night (1994) – Sung by Mariah Carey
Yes, Mariah Carey makes our list twice. She’s simply a pro when it comes to Christmas music, and this one plays to the religious experience around Christmas.
5. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (1998) – Sung by Martina McBride
Whether it’s snowy or not outside this holiday season, this song will put the mood in place for a white Christmas.
6. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (1998) – Sung by NSYNC
Send out holiday greeting messages to guests through the music you play. Following on its title, you’ll be wishing your guests “Merry Christmas!” and “Happy Holidays!”
7. The Christmas Song (2003) – Sung by Trace Adkins
For a touch of country to a Christmas song classic, this makes a great pick!
8. Santa Baby (2007) – Sung by Taylor Swift
Take a classic holiday song originally recorded by Eartha Kitt and give it to Taylor Swift, and you get a nice mix that works for the older and younger generation. We love that the lyrics also speaks to what many children are wishing for, that Santa “hurry down the chimney, tonight!”
9. Do You Hear What I Hear (2007) – Sung by Carrie Underwood
Christmas is a magical time of year and this song speaks to the special occasion.
10. You Make It Feel Like Christmas (2017) – Sung by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
There’s no better present for Christmas than being with the ones you love, and this song speaks to that.
Music helps generate a mood and energy for the party. This Christmas, make sure these selections top your playlist.