Effective: September 30, 2015
What information do we collect?
- User information – When you contact us through the Site, we ask for your personal information. In some cases, we may also ask you to send us additional information or to answer additional questions to help verify your information.
- Information obtained from third parties – We may obtain information about you from third parties to verify the information you provide. We also may obtain information from third parties in connection with providing the Services to you.
- Submission information – When you submit information through the Site or the Services, we may store that information and also collect and store metadata about that information. We do not screen for personally identifying information; to the extent you have included any such information in your submissions, it will be stored and disclosed in the course of our general use of such information.
- Information about your use of the service – We may collect information about your interaction with the Site and the services to help validate your identity or detect potentially fraudulent conduct.
- User-provided contact information – Clowns.com may track and/or gather emails of visitors that contact and/or communicate with Clowns.com.
- Cookies – When you access a Clowns.com web page, we may send one or more cookies (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
- Log information – When you use the Site, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. User inputted Site search data may be recorded and stored for research purposes and/or to help resolve possible technical issues which may in turn link a user ID to the performed search.
- User communications – When you send an email or other communication to us or other Site users.
- Links – We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
What do we use your information for?
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us better respond to and tailor our Site and Services to your individual needs.
- To improve our Site – we continually update and improve our website and Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
- To process transactions – We use your personal and financial information for billing purposes and to fill your order(s). If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. In order to fulfill your order(s) we may share personally identifiable information with certain third party providers. We use a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services.
- To administer promotions, surveys or other Site features
- To send you periodic emails – the email address you provide may be used to send you information about this website, in addition to occasional news, updates, related product or service information (including, but not limited to sharing such non-specific information with third parties), etc. Users may opt in to receive promotional communications from Clowns.com or our third-party partners. Users may opt out of receiving emails from Clowns.com by clicking the corresponding “unsubscribe” link found in each and every communication sent from Clowns.com. Even the event you opt out, Clowns.com may still contact you for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders.
- We will not disclose or sell personally identifiable data to third parties, except as necessary to provide the services. If you do not want your non-personally identifying data shared, you may write to us as email@example.com. You understand and agree that any decision you make to withhold any information from Clowns.com may prevent Clowns.com from being able to fulfill your request, your order and/or impair your ability to utilize all functionality of the Site.
How do we protect your information?
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Clowns.com has implemented various security features to help prevent any unauthorized release of personal information. Our features include technical and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Be advised that while Clowns.com has endeavored to make a secure reliable Site for its users, the privacy and confidentiality of communications transmitted to/from Clowns.com via this Site or through email cannot be guaranteed. As such, Clowns.com is not held responsible for the security of any data transmitted via the Internet to/from our website.
- We may implement user accounts. In the event that we do so, the security of your account also will depend on keeping your account password confidential. You should not share your account name or password with anyone. If you do share your account information with a third party, they will have access to your account and your personal information.
Accessing and Editing Your Personal Information
To access and edit your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), as we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Site.
Changes to this policy
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through the Site or write to us at 200 Meacham Avenue, Elmont NY 11003.