It’s the most wonderful time of year and that’s why counting down to Christmas can be especially fun for all. The countdown begins on December 1st and activities can run from outdoor festivities, faith-based events, help at a local charity, to arts and crafts.
Where do you begin? Check out our top 10 activities to help with the countdown to Christmas:
1. Christmas Tree Lighting: Many local towns and communities have Christmas Tree Lighting ceremonies. Head over to enjoy the sight of the tree lit up for the holidays!
2. Go Ice Skating: It’s a magical time of year and the fun of skating on ice will bring out everyone’s holiday spirit.
3. Pay a Visit to Santa: From local businesses to the malls, lines run long year after year for the chance to see Santa. Pay a visit, or better yet, host your own holiday party with friends and family with Santa Claus and his crew visiting. It can be easily done with a Christmas package.
4. Music/Christmas Show: If you’re in New York City, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular is a great hit for all ages. Local schools may also have their own programmed Christmas show performed by students for the public to attend.
5. Donate: In the spirit of giving, donate your time and/or money by helping at a local pantry or gathering small gifts to give to a local shelter or children’s hospital. To make this a family event, all members can take part in helping those in need or shopping for small gift items to give.
6. Christmas Cookies: Bake away to your heart’s desire. Making delicious treats can be fun and perfect to give away as gifts, too! Pillsbury.com offers a “Cookie Countdown” full of great recipes.
7. Gingerbread House: The sight of a gingerbread house with gumdrops and other candies all around inspires sweet thoughts. Countdown to Christmas decorating one of your own with the family.
8. Write a Letter to Santa: What will be on your list for this Christmas? Get it out early as Santa wants to know what you want this Christmas and how you’ve been good throughout the year.
9. Make Paper Snowflakes: Take out the paper and scissors and make paper snowflakes to decorate your windows. Even if it’s not snowing outside, it’ll look like it is.
10. Christmas Eve Mass: On Christmas Eve, head to a local cathedral and hear angelic voices singing to Christmas.
Christmas is a time of joy, giving, and celebration! Gather together with friends and family and enjoy the activities together to help countdown to Christmas.